Thursday, February 5, 2009

The good with the bad

Being a mother is sometimes very trying. I hate seeing my children in pain and there is nothing that I can do or say to make them feel better, Daniela is hurting so much now and I don't know what to do. She is battling to come to terms with losing the baby, because she feels that she is somehow responsible for baby not surviving. Nothing I say seems to work. She is under enormous strain at work (her partner is not pulling her weight and even wanted to know from Daniela why she needed to take a few days off after the miscarriage!) Her DH is working away from home and only comes home on weekends and you know the devil - he is telling her that she is going to lose him to another, not exactly assuring when you are vulnerable as it is.

On the flipside, being a mother can also be so rewarding. Last night Juan, my son, was working away at his computer as usual. He does a lot of work on a freelance basis to earn some extra cash. I suddenly realised that he was typing a long passage and not drawing as usual. When I asked him what he was doing, he actually blushed before he answered. He was filling out an application form to be a 'Big Brother'. I didn't even know that they operated in South Africa, but I know this for sure - they will never find another man that geniunely loves children more than Juan and no boy could ever wish for a better role model! Please hold thumbs that he gets accepted. I am so proud of him I could just cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment