Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mr. devil just won't take his fork and leave, but...

Yes, the idiot just won't listen and take his fork and go somewhere else! My car broke down, AGAIN!!!! When Hannah and I got to the car after school the poor thing was as dead as a doornail. Hannah looked at me and said: "Ouma, your car has got trouble again, I think you must take it to the car doctor!" Couldn't help but smile at the car doctor part. Phoned Jakes and he came to take the car to the doctor. By then the school's grounds staff had push started the car for me and we waited for him at home.
Turned out that it needed a new battery. and when the mechanic came to fit the battery, curious little Hannah wanted to know from him whether he was the car doctor and would he please fix ouma's car, because its got lots of trouble. How that man kept a straight face I don't know, but he told DH later thet it was the first time anybody called him a doctor.

Now for the 'but' part... Even though mr. devil won't leave I have found the most wonderful cure for the blues! I joined a group called 29gift.com and I am having so much fun that I am actually forgetting to be miserable! The idea is that you commit to giving 29 gifts in 29 days. They don't have to be things, they can be as simple as a smile or an encouraging word or a hug. I find that I am gaining far more from concentrating on giving than what the recipients of my gifts could ever gain. I am feeling happier and I am having fun trying to think who the next unsuspecting 'victim' of my kindness is going to be!
Won't you join us? Just click on the link on the right hand side of my blog and watch the video on the home page - I promise you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment