Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What is going on?

I think that I am being tested somehow and I am trying desperately not to fail this test. Isn't it amazing that when I decide that this is the year that I am not going to give in to negativity, everything seems to go wrong. Financialy we are in a worse position this month than we have been in 20 years - what with kids registering at university, books, accommodation, Tertia-Lee that got sick on the 31st of Dec and having to pay a R3000 deposit before the hospital would treat her, etc. Then of course my car broke down, the gate motor isn't working, the iron packed up, a pipe burst on the pavement. Then just to rub salt in the wounds, my daughter has a miscarriage! So, yes, I am very tempted to feel desperately sorry for myself - BUT I am not going to!!! The devil can take his fork and go and play somewhere else, because this lady still has far more to be grateful for than to mope about. I have a wonderful husband, 4 beautiful and healthy children, 3 amazing grandchildren, a roof over my head, food in my tummy, and enough stash to keep me occupied till the next millenium - so you see mr. devil, there is no place for you in this home - go amuse yourself somewhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment