Saturday, August 15, 2009

My dad the hero.


I belong to a great South African site called The Memories Warehouse. They are having a fantastic competition at the moment. Why don't you join in the fun? I have met some really AWESOME woman on that site that have carried me through some really hard times and that have made me laugh and cry ( sometimes cry, laughing!).
This LO was made for the first sketch challenge. Let me tell you, I am so not good with sketches! I think I have this built in resistance to following orders, thats why I am a pupil from hell in a class too LOL. When somebody tells me to cut an orange circle measuring xyz, I HAVE TO HAVE a blue square!
This was so hard for me, but I really like the way it turned out in the end!
The photo's were taken at Luke's birthday party at the Spur. Tertia=Lee had climbed up the jungle gym all by herself and then promptly burst into tears, refusing point blankly to come down.
She sat there screaming and then her dad (not a small man!) climbed up and came down the slide with her. The poor man got stuck somewhere in the middle, causing a bit of panic and a whole lot af hilarity, but in the end both father and daughter survived the ordeal without any life long scars!
The journaling tells the story and ends with: Who needs Superman when you have a dad?
I used a piece of paper that I have had for a long time and I can not remember by whom it was made. Other than that it is a very simple page using only a little Bazzil cardstock, some letters that came with the kit I got when I bought my camera and some ribbon from my stash.
Have a great weekend and remember to visit us at Memories Warehouse and to say Hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment