Saturday, September 19, 2009

I can finally share.

A while ago Audrey, from the Scrapping Studio in Boksburg, my LSS, asked me if I would be interested in designing a home studio kit for the store. I was very scared, because I have never done anything like that before, but decided to not let my fears and insecurities get to me and agreed. They gave me everything that would be included in the kit and I could do with it what I wanted. The only rule was that I could not add anything from my own stash.
Sounds exciting and pretty easy, doesn't it? Not on your life! I sat for a whole week after I collected the kit, staring at the papers. I would unpack all the papers and lay them out in front of me while we were watching TV at night. Every now and then I would look at the papers from a different angle. Eventually my DH could not stand it any longer and he asked me if I was planning to look at the papers untill they finally dissapeared.
That is when I decided to stop trying to design the 'perfect' layout and just do what I normally do - PLAY! That is exactly what I did, I played with the stash in front of me and I actually really liked the final product. I think the women who normally buy from Audrey must have liked it too because when I went to pick up my page today, I wanted to buy a kit to give to Tertia-Lee's granny who is visiting from England, but there was not a single one left over.

I used all the papers in the kit, but can not remember by whom they were made. The kit had a large swirly stamp which I used on plain Cardstock to make the background paper. I used household bleach to get the effect that I wanted. The large flower was made with 21 circles. I found the instructions for it in one of my many magazines. The flowers were also included in the kit and are amazing! I think I used about half the flowers in the packet. The kit costs R130 and I think it is incredible value for money. If you would like to get your hands on this months kit, contact Audrey or Sarah at the Scrapping Studio. Have a look on their blog: http://www.scrappingstudio.blogspot.com/ to see the new kits.





4 comments:

  1. Wow, Tersia...you did great. I love the layout you made with this...no wonder it was sold out so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shop is lucky to have you do this for them. Great page. And glad you had fun doing it too as sometimes it can be very intimidating. Well done.
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the marketing - we might just make you 'marketing director'. Now just keep that thinking cap on for the next kit!!!!! The paper we supplied you with was My Mind's Eye, flowers were Petaloo and the title was custom made for us by Wilpro. Thanks once again for doing a sterling job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layout. You did a wonderful job.
    The flower is gorgeous.
    I have no idea why I can sit and stare at things when the pressure is on, yet if I am just mucking around, I do things sort of ok. I just have to keep repeating "nobody will see this, nobody will see this" and then I make things without holes in. :)

    ReplyDelete