Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Would anybody have any objections if September ended now?

I know it is Spring here and I really love Spring, in fact I found these beautiful blossoms while visiting my daughter at her new house and just had to snap them. Aren't they amazingly beautiful? This month, however, has not been the nicest of months in my life. Do you sometimes feel like you want to resign from the job you love most in this world and just go and hide under a rock somewhere untill the storm is over? Today I wish I could resign as a wife and a mother.
Ankie has had a very hard month. First she was in a 4 car pile-up on the highway, then she nearly died from carbon monoxcide poisoning when her stove malfunctioned and stayed on after she had put it off. (Of course there had to be a pot with left over food on the plate that didn't work.) Poor child woke up the next morning to a cloud of black smoke filling her little house! She had to bring every piece of clothing, linen, curtains and every other thing she could carry, home to be washed and we tried to get rid of the smell.
I have arranged for a cleaning lady to go and help clean the walls on Friday.
Then I drove through a pothole on the way home from work (nothing like living in Africa, is there?) It had to be on the day when I had to pick up my DH (the D is not for 'dear' today!!!!) so that we could collect a courtesy car from the panel beaters. I had to pick him up at 3.30, because the panelbeaters close at 4.30. Traffic being so bad lately I left home at 2.30, went to get petrol, only to be told I had a flat tyre! Phoned DH, told him I was changing tyres and then left. Just through the toll road and traffic came to a standstill - they were blasting for the Gautrain! About 3 km from DH''s work, traffic came to another screeching halt. A taxi drove into a truck and we were rerouted, only problem, the only other way to het to DH would take me an hour. He decided to walk (run) to the car. By this time I was getting it on the phone, because I was late. Like any of it was my fault!
By the time he got to the car the poor man was breathing so hard that all I could do, was pray. Please God, don't let him have a heart attack now! I don't know where the nearest hospital is. (Yes, I can laugh about it now, but it was NOT FUNNY at the time)
Turns out the tyre was so badly damaged that it could not be fixed, had to get a new one. But wait! There's more....
Last night I was busy making cards with a friend in my craftroom when the phone rang. Ankie again. "Mommy, dad is going to kill me." were her first words. What now? was my first thought. "I have just had another car accident" she said. My heart just stopped. A million things went through my mind. Was she OK? Where will we find the money to fix a second car? How am I going to stop DH from killing her? What happened, was all I could say. She was driving along the main road when another driver disregarded a stop street and drove straight into her from the side! Luckily she wasn't injured (the angels are working overtime around my child lately!) Luckily there are witnesses that came forward and are prepared to testify.
DH completely lost it. He is still ranting and raving 24 hours later. She has no regard for anything. I raised her to be like that. Why does he have to work so hard only for her to show no respect. He screamed at her when he got to her. he screamed at her boyfriend because he couldn't open the car's bonnet. He screamed at the traffic officer, he screamed at the other driver. He screamed at her some more when they got to the police station, because she was explaining to the other driver what was going on.
When he got home, he screamed some more at me, telling me that she would move back home and that he would take her to university and fetch her again after work.
I am feeling so tired, its not like she was driving along thinking, how can I inconvenience my dad tonight? Should I pay somebody to drive into me? Accidents happen, sometimes more than once in a very short space of time.
The car is so badly damaged that it will be written off. It breaks my heart, because it was the car that I inherited from my dad, but the fact that I am hurting and tired of being in the middle, trying to protect my children and trying to make my husband happy doesn't seem to have entered any of their minds.
OK pity party is over. If you read up to here, thanks for listening, I will feel better tomorrow and I wouldn't swop being a mom for anything. I am so grateful to God for protecting my little girl and I trust Him to bring some sense to my DH's head.

2 comments:

  1. You really had an awful month. I am so glad that Ankie was not hurt in the accident. Men sometimes act out like that...but I am sure that by tomorrow he would wish that he did not "lose it"...and it will work out all right.

    Being a mom is not always easy...but it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no what a terrible month you have had I hope it will get better really soon...your Daughter sounds like a really savvy girl and if she is she will realise men dont think like women (rationally) they rant then think about it after where we would realise it was another drivers fault and you daughter was involved by no actions of our own...but then life would be pretty dull if men and women thought the same lol...do what I do when my husband rants...ignore him until he shuts up lol
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete