Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Has it been more than a week????

I can't believe it has been a whole week since my last post! But, come to think of it, I am so tired it feels like more than a week since I have slept. LOL I have got a horrible head cold, so my breathing is really bad at the moment.
I have been very busy at school with tests, new grade 10's that need to learn how my head works (or doesn't work) prize giving etc. etc. Then of course there is never a dull moment at a school. Always something happening.
I have also been asked by a friend to make invitations for her BF's birthday party. He is turning 46 or something like that. Made her two samples and gave them to her two weeks ago so that he could decide which one he wanted. She arrives at my house last Monday to tell me which one and then proceeds to tell me she needs 70 invitations (Who invites 140 people to his 46th birthday party?) and can she please pick them up on Thursday. I hardly slept, but they are finished. Phones me the next day to ask me to make 140 place mats and 140 place cards for the party on the 13th of Feb. I am almost done, but don't think I want to see another piece of black cardstock as long as I live. Worst part is, I am not even getting paid for this one - at least she is paying for the materials. Don't ask - I offered, not thinking it would be such a big job.
I found the most wonderful site with digi images. It is called Bugaboo. Just the name makes me smile. She does the most wonderful images for 'old' people like my friends and I. I used one of them on this card. Don't you just love the image and the sentiment?
Cardstock is Bazzil and the papers are My Minds Eye. The image was coloured with my Copics. The inside has tags as usual, because it is for somebody in the Birthday club.

Hopefully things will slowly start to calm down and then I will post more regularly.
Please remember my blogging friend Lynette and her son Wynand in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing...you offered and did all that free...wow!

    LOL! You know I am turning 50 next year...wanna make an offer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! This is just adorable!! I love that humorous sentiment!! :) Fab coloring and the ribboned tags are awesome!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't visited your blog for some time but dediced to become follower now that I can keep up to date with what is happening here. Your creations are amazing! Well done on all the things you did for your friend at no charge - I hope she realizes that you are a true friend.
    Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete