Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Had a fantastic few days.

What a fantastic time I had in Durban. We left at 4 in the morning on Friday and arrived at the stadium just in time to see the second half of Anke's water polo game. Isn't the new soccer stadium that was built specially for the World Cup amazing? Here she is - my amazing child, playing the game she absolutely adores. I don't get it, I must admit. I love watching her play and I find the game very exciting to watch, but I think you have to be insane to want to be a goalie. Who wants to sit there and watch people throw a ball at you at incredible speed, have the ball hit you in the face, on your arms (leaving scary bruises), and anywhere else that happens to be exposed and then go back for more? Then she insists that it is FUN!?? She says, 'Ag ma, stop fretting, if I feel pain, I know I've stopped the ball.'

She had a fantastic tournament and was named goalkeeper
of the tournament, which makes her officially the number one goalie in the country! So happy for her and very proud.
I am back at school and back creating cards. Will post pictures as soon as I have time to take some. Have a great day.



3 comments:

  1. Lovely pics Tertia. I think I'll have to get my butt over to Green Point to take a pic of Cape Town's new stadium too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a BLAST!!!

    Just wanted to stop and thank you for entering my blog candy.
    Hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Anke on being the nr. 1 goalie in the country!! You sure have reason to be proud. Could you please contact me via my e-mail address on my profile re your kind comment on my blog?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete