Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Doing the happy dance, a card and an award.

Had quite a day at school today. Not a bad one, just a very busy one and I was dead tired when I got home. Poured myself a colddrink and sat behind the computer to read my e-mails. Guess what? I won the blog candy over at Shoestring Scrapbooking's blog. YAY!!! Wish you could have seen me, doing the happy dance while trying to type a reply to Canica with my address. So glad nobody was here to witness that one. LOL
My card for today is another one I finished in the holiday. My one and only Sweetpea stamp. I just adore her and even though she looks very hard to colour, she is actually a pleasure to colour. I have ordered some more Sweetpea stamps and can't wait for them to arrive. I know that they have shipped, but we live in Africa after all - it could take anything from a couple of days to a couple of months to get here. I live in hope that it will be days rather than months.


She was coloured with my Copics. The cardstock is Bazzil and the dp is from my scrapbox again.The flowers and ribbon are from my stash. The ribbon looks very different IRL - it is bright pink and turquois (sp?) Her wings were given a liberal Stickle treatment (not sure you can see that in the photo)
Now on to the award. The lovely Debbie Harris passed this on to me. Thank you Debbie and sorry it took so long to post ( http://dkhdesigns.blogspot.com/ )




I have to: 1. thank the person that passed the award on to me - done that.

2.Put it on my blog - done that

3.mention three things that I love doing: Thats a hard one - I love doing so many things, but OK here goes. i) I love teaching (I know, I know, most teachers complain about their jobs, so I am weird), but I really love my job and wouldn't want to do anything else.

ii) I love working with paper - making cards, making Layouts for my scrapbooks, making weird and wonderful paper creations for my grandchildren.

iii) I love taking photo's - I am by no means an accomplished photographer, but I love the whole process.

4. Post my favourite picture. Thats a hard one too, but this picture is a current favourite. It was taken at the Soccer World Cup opening Ceremony. One of those once in a lifetime photo's where the camera is pointed in exactly the right spot and you press the shutter at exactly the right millisecond. I did absolutely no editing on this one I promise.


My all time favourite picture is the one I used as my profile picture. My little granddaughter holding my face and looking me in the eyes telling me:"Ouma, I love you SOOOO much" I was not aware that my DH took the photo at the time, but I am so glad he did.
5. I have to pass this one on to 5 other bloggers. I really don't know who to pass this on to, but I would like to pass it on to all my followers that haven't already recieved it.
WARNING: Proud Mommy moment following- sensitive readers should stop reading here.
Just had some more marvelous news - My daughter, Anke, has been on teaching prac for the last seven weeks. She is busy with her last week and has enjoyed every minute of every day that she has spent at Crawford College Lonehill. The staff has made her feel so welcome and part of them. They have taught her so much and shared all their knowledge so willingly. She has often commented these last few weeks that she would LOVE to be able to teach there when she is qualified next year. I suggested she hand her CV in because you never know when a post will become available. She was planning to hand her CV in on Friday when its her last day at the school. Today she was called in by the deputy Principal and offered a teaching position for next year! How wonderful is that? I am such a proud mom - she must have made an impression on them for them to do that, because I know just how difficult it is to get a job at such a wonderful school, especially for a first year teacher. You go girl! Just another confirmation from our Father that teaching is where your calling lies my girl.
Have a great Tuesday everybody, hope to see you soon.


2 comments:

  1. I love the colour you used to colour the dress on the stamp. Well done to your daughter. I can imagine how proud you must be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...and well done on the award. You are justified in being so proud of your daughter. It is wonderful to work in a direction that you are called. So much more than just a job then.

    ReplyDelete