Friday, November 19, 2010

13th Birthday invitations.

Where have I been? What have I been doing? you ask, Well, I am drowning in marking exam papers. 5 hours worth from every girl I teach! I have been sorting out insurance for my car - R41 000 worth of damage! (Thank goodness for insurance!)

AND.... I have been making Birthday Party invitations for a very special 13 year old girl. She is the daughter of a friend and comes to me regularly to scrap. Her mom is taking a couple of her friends to Gold Reef City (for those of you outside South Africa, its an old mining town that has been restored and is now an amusement park.) They are going to have photo's taken there that look like they are about a hundred years old. Complete with the right costumes. So we thought we would make her invitations to suit those photo's. Everybody expected it to have roller coasters on, but when have you known me to do the expected? LOL
Mom found a photo of her when she was 4 years old, playing dress up with her little sister. we scanned it and enlarged it and then changed it to sepia. How cute is she? All papers are Bazzil. The photo and mat was cut out with a Nellie Snellen die. The flowers and pins are from my stash. Ribbon and lace from my stash as well.

Made three different colours and I can't decide which one is the nicest.

Here is the whole lot together. Quite a job, but the smile on that little girl's face made it all worthwhile.
Have a great weekend everybody - next time I see you I might have a brand new granddaughter - my daughter's waters just broke.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful friend to make such gifts of love...Tertia...you're one very special lady<3

    ReplyDelete