Sunday, November 28, 2010

FALLing for you - Stamptacular Sunday

The new challenge over at Stamptacular Sunday(http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/2010/11/challenge-87-falling-for-you.html ) is: 'FALLing for you'. You are supposed to use only Fall colours. I thought this birthday'card' that I made for my granddaughter's teacher, fits in perfectly.

She is in the Butterfly class, so the instructions were simple - my teacher likes yellow (lello) and orange and it MUST have a butterfly. Each child in the class was given a tag (I forgot to take photo's) and one of the mothers went in to school on a day when the teacher had to attend a meeting and had every child put her fingerprint on a tag. The fingerprints were turned into little girls by my daughter and the moms wrote a message on the back of the tag.

I made a box for all the tags and put an easel card on top. The stamp is a freebie digi stamp that I have had for ages. It was coloured with my copics. All the cardstock is Bazzil and all the flowers are from the local Chinese market. The sentiment was hand written.

My granddaughter spent the night last night because her parents attended a wedding. This morning I got a phone call from my SIL to tell me that my daughter had been admitted to hospital with a severe bladder infection. The possability is there that my grandson will be born early tomorrow morning. So I get to spend some more quality time with Tertia-Lee. Please say a little prayer that all goes well for mom and baby.

Have a fantastic week everybody. Hope to see you soon with some baby pics.

9 comments:

  1. Your "card" is fantastic! I was drawn to it when I was checking out the challenge. I really like the blogs that use the thumbnail prints, because unfortunately, most of us do not have time to check out every card. I hope to enter a card a little later. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you colouring is absolutely stunning, the butterfly seems ready to fly off! Great job! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week and happy crafting! Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is a labor of love! Stunning!

    Will pray that all goes well and the birth of your new grand bambino goes without a hitch.

    much love
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tertia, your card is absolutely wonderful! Those warm and joyful colors of fall won my heart! I'm certain they will do the same for your grand-daughter's teacher. Love all the little flowers !
    Thank's for sharing your project with us this week at Stamptacularfor our Fall-ing for you challenge .
    Hugs,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous! Such stunning colors for this gorgeous butterfly easel card! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift for you child's teacher! My goodness! I bet she got alittle teary eyed! That butterfly is just GORGEOUS!
    Im so glad you joined us at STamptacular this week!
    Cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a beautiful card!! The butterfly is amazing! Thanks for joining Stamptacular this week!
    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE flutterbys and how could you not Love this gorgeous big one. gorgeous fall colours too! Thanks for joining us this week at Stamptacular.
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card! Gorgeous colors!
    Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday this week! Good Luck on our Falling For You challenge!
    Hugs
    Dee (Spryte)♥
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete