Monday, November 1, 2010

Mojo Monday.

A very good Monday to all. I have had a wonderful, but very tiring weekend. It was our annual family reunion and my brother, sister and I were responsible for the arrangements this year. Very stressful, but worth it in the end. We decided to get together for only a day this year, because most of us are a bit strapped for cash in this economic climate. In spite of the fact that there were two weddings on the same day, we still had about 75 people at the reunion and everybody that was there had a fantastic time. My son in law (born and bred in Manchester) attended his first one as part of our family and walked away with the trophy for the best "potjie"! Not every day an Englishman wins such a very traditional Afrikaans cooking competition. He has not let that trophy out of his sight.
On Sunday the whole staff went to a show in honour of our school's secretary that is retiring after 35 years at our school. She is an amazing woman who knows all 850 girls in the school by name! We all love her and I don't know if we will ever be able to find anybody to replace her. All of those things meant that there was no crafting this weekend, so I just had to do something this afternoon when I got home.
This card is based on the sketch over at Mojo Monday (http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/ ) Such a fun sketch to work with. The image is a freebie from TLC ( http://createwithtlc-createwithtlc.blogspot.com/ ) I printed it directly onyo the dp by Making Memories and then coloured it with my Copic markers. The other dp is from Bo Bunny and the cardstock is from Bazzil. The ribbon and lace is from my stash. I cut the mat out with a Nestie. The sentiment was stamped with Versa ink and embossed in gold.
Here is a close up of the image. Hoping you can see the glitter on her wings and on the dp.
Have a great week everybody. See you very soon.

4 comments:

  1. That sure was a busy time, but great for family getting together. Love this image Tertia and the card is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh family reunions are the best. The boertjies must be pretty upset that an Englishman beat them at their craft.

    Your card is very pretty Tertia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Love the sheet music overlay. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lovely card! Havent heard from you in a while then again I havent beeen posting but I just started up again so come on over and visit me ! *Big Hugs from across the ocean*

    Candace

    ReplyDelete