Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WOYWW - I have a desk??? and some positive thoughts needed.

I am still in end of year mode at school, so I have kind of forgotten that there is a craftroom in my house that actually has a desk for me to work on. It has kinda changed from being a desk to being a dumping ground. I have just left everything after my last scrapping party and it has steadily grown into piles of unknown origin. Strange that!? I thought I was the only one that ever went in there, but I promise, I can't remember putting half the stuff there. The Copic colour chart was me - I took it out to start coulouring, but never got round to it.
Here are some of my lovely group of leaders. I had the priviledge to take 10 of them to a Leadership training day on Saturday (I know, a Saturday! Now school is even invading my weekends!!!) It was hosted by the Catholic Schools Organisation and was all about how to be servant leader in stead of a dictator. The girls enjoyed every minute of the day (the fact that all other Catholic schools in Gauteng were there and they got to mingle with them , and there were BOYS!!! could have something to do with that,. LOL)



My girls did me and the school very proud, as usual. They were divided into groups with the leaders from the other schools and had work sessions. I am so proud to report that most of the report backs were done by my girls. Quite something if you think that the head prefects from the other schools were in those groups too. Just realising I am sounding like a proud mommy bragging about her children. Plrase forgive me, but they are a very special group of young ladies.


Had to show you the chandelier. Made me and the girls laugh. It is beautiful, just amusing to find four of them high up in the roof at a boys school. Very rugged ceiling and typical school hall and then this.


Now on to a more serious matter. One of my very dear friends, Melanie's son Michael(25) has been diagnosed with a very rare form of skin cancer. He is being operated today. They will be removing a whole flap of skin on the right side of his face and as well as some facial nerves. They will also be taking a nerve from his wrist and try to repair the nerve and do some skin grafts. The cancer is situated on his temple which apparantly makes it even more dangerous. I am asking for some very earnest prayers for this young man and his mommy. I know how the people from WOYWW rally round in support, so I am confidant that a lot of prayer will go up for him and his mom all over the world today.


Have a great week everybody, I will tell you about Michael's progress next week.






19 comments:

  1. Of course you can be proud of your girls...what a fabulous chandelier! Thinking of Michael and sending payers and strength to all. So young but let us also have hope in the amazing medical skills we are blessed with. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for Michael from Lincoln, Illinois. Keep us updated, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've come here from WOYWW. Praying that Michael's op will go well. And what a lovely group of young ladies - I can understand how proud of them you are x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like a great bunch - no wonder you are proud of them all. You are so right about the wonderful support the WOYWWers give in times of need. We had thoughts and prayers from all around the globe when we needed them and I am sure it will be the same for you. We will be thinking of Michael and pray that all goes smoothly and that he is soon completely well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And why shouldn't you be proud of your girls - I am, and I haven't met them yet! Holding Michael tight in my thoughts and prayers, I hope he and his Mother feel our strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be proud of your girls. They look a lovely bunch. My prayers and good thoughts go out to Michael and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's your girls that have made you proud of them so why not enjoy it - the look a great bunch of girls. So sorry to hear about Michael, I hope all goes well for him and that he and his family get through this crisis okay. Elizabeth x #59

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm you call that a mess!!! LOL check mine out, I cant find anything and look back a few WOYWWs and see the other mess beside my work desk, you will never say yours is a mess again. That chandelier looks awesome but strange in that environment. You must be a very young gran to still be teaching
    Bridget #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Tertia, just got around to your blog today, and I read about Michael. Of course I promise to pray for him. It must be devastating for his family too. I hope his operation goes well. May I suggest that he recites and claims healing verses? Or someone can do it for him if it's difficult to talk after his operation. God's words are life and medicine to our whole body (Prov 4:22). Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely young ladies that have a bright future ahead of them because of your help. Sending healing thoughts for Michael and his whole family.

    Hugs
    Brenda 74

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have every right to be proud of your girls:) Thoughts are with you and your young friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My brother has beaten two lots of really malignant skin cancer and he's doing ok. Positive thoughts, it can be beaten. Michael and his mum are in my prayers.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, it is lovely living around here and I also find great satisfaction in making something out of nothing! The chandeliers made me laugh out loud - I wonder who put them there.... :)
    hugs, LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! You have every right to be a proud Momma! A word of encouragement!!!! I had skin cancer that I let go way to long without treatment and it infiltrated my bone on my nose and forehead. I had multiple surgeries and reconstruction to correct the problem and as you can see by my blog pic I look normal!! I lost some nerve function but...it was a small price to pay. Hope you have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #68

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will certainly add the young man and his family to my prayers. And I pray that his operation has been successful and he has come out of the anesthetic alright.
    What a proud mum you are of "your girls" and yes, the chandelier does look a little incongruous up there. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Read this post earlier Tertia bit not time to comment - pray all is well with Michael and family - and praise God for your lovely girls too, blessings on them all! thanks for popping over and leaving comments - happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope that all has gone well with the op, and that he is on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Had to chuckle over the chandeliers - definitely v random in a boys school! Well done to your girlies for all their efforts - and I'm sending lots of positive vibes and thoughts your way for Michael. Hope it's good news next week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will keep Michael in my prayers...hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete