Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WOYWW 17something - Not much and everything I own.

Good morning to all the wonderful people from all over the world that come to visit me from WOYWW every week. Before I start I have to give one and all a huge apology. Thank you so very much for all your kind comments last week, I did not manage to visit many of you (hanging head in shame here), but in my defence, its silly season at school again and not even my DH gets to see me very often.

 The result of all that is this desk you see over here. A girl has to do some crafting now, even if she is crazy busy, doesn't she? I have become a master at the 'shove to the side, front, floor, anywhere there is space' method of cleaning my desks. You will see a little of everything there. Including the paper I am using to make cupcake wrappers for my DD. She has a huge order for a wedding and the bride wants a design on the wrapper that is not available in South Africa - thank goodness for scrapbook paper and my Cricut.
There is also a basket with all the pieces for a little boy's birthday invitations. He is turning 6 and they are going to a flight simulator for the birthday - talk about  over the top! You can see the prototype in progress. It will be a double slider card. I had strict instructions to use Brittish Airways colours. What do you think? is it looking OK?
Thats all folks, gotta run, I have to teach, mark some tests, go to grandie nr 3's birthday ring at the Pre-School, watch a waterpolo game this afternoon and attend the Birthday Girl's supper tonight. So, if I do not get to you again this week, I promise it won't be for lack of trying.
Happy WOYWW to one and all.

21 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you still make time for crafting when you're so very busy. As they say 'take time to smell the flowers'. :-)
    Hugs,
    A x #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're certainly busy but what I can see of the British Airways invitation looks fab.

    Hugs Helen (Ellie Wee) #48

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going to be very busy for a while there. Your craft room is certainly a good place to escape from the helter skelter activities of daily life. Have a great week. Vickie #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you need a dopleganger asap! The invite looks perfect, the cupcake wrappers will be great and the tidying will always wait. Hope you get chance to breath before the weekend! Hugs, Buttons #57

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the girl has to play even when the work is in overload, I know that myself and visit there often. I like the invite and yes it is perfect.

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza #55

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a wonderful job with the invitation , i hope he has a wonderful time. jill #29

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ai vriendin...dit is hoe my lessenaar die meeste van die tyd lyk;-) Jy het regtig 'n pragtige uitnodigings kaartjie gemaak. Ek weet nie waar jy die tyd kry nie.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to enlarge that invitation to see the British Airways plane and flag. It is PERFECT, right down to the cut indentation and the perfect coloring and shading of the stamped image.

    To respond to your comment, I get messes when I use those spray inks. I don't seem to know how to use them, but I always keep trying. I think maybe the British have them mastered more than the Americans. And all of mine except the two Tattered Angels bottles were on clearance, so that should tell you something.

    Thanks for dropping by earlier. I think the busier we are, the more we accomplish. At least that is always how it is with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little boy sitting in the circle. Gosh you are talented.
    Sorry work has you so busy but I know you enjoy being with the girls so I guess it is not too arduous a task going to work.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Neet 31 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear - you are so busy! I have abandoned my pupils now for the last few weeks (recovering from surgery) so I dread to think how busy I will be when I get back! The birthday card looks just perfect.
    Bernice #16

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've never heard of that NO word have you! Still, at least you're getting some craft therapy, even if it's not for you. Loving the warm orange glow from the table cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your card is fabulous. Thumbs up from us.

    The bears @#75

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOHHH. I see lots of fun and fabulous items!! Cute card too. I have to use every inch of storage space too. LOL
    Karen 91

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so busy as always!!! Love that little red, white and blue card. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes, a girl still needs to craft - if only for your sanity with that busy lifestyle! Love the card with the BA type logo, it is fabulous and perfect to go with his birthday present (perhaps it is more for his Dad than him?). Thank you for your lovely comments, yes I am on the mend, thanks again. Crafty hugs, Anne x #13

    PS - take time to breathe.......and craft!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm exhausted reading your to-do list, Tertia! But you do have fun! Your card is absolutely adorable!!

    Have a wonderful week! Darnell #145

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so understand - going back to work has seriously hampered my crafting time!!! Trying to fit it all in is interesting...you take care and try and fit in some you time in the midst of the madness!
    Love the BA card - that's cool for a 6 year old!!
    Hugs, LLJ #1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there. Loving that card you have made there! One little boy is going to love his day!
    I think we all have a bit of the shove-it-out-of-the-way syndrome but it is fun when you get time to tidy it all away!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute card! I'm sure they will be pleased! Great to see your huge desk filled with all sorts of craft stuff! Patsy from
    HeARTworks and
    papemelroti

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Tertia
    So sorry but I'm so disorganised and can't find my list of who has given me their snail mail addresses. Your blogcandy prize is all ready to post so please let me have your details again and I'll get it off to you asap. hope you like it too.
    Love jo x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello!

    Your are a busy woman! So many great creations going on at your workdesk! Wishing you a happy day!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete