Wednesday, December 31, 2014

WOYWW - quite a bit, actually

Good morning all, on this last day of the old year my desk is busier than it has been for a long time. If you look carefully you will see that it is even doubling up as a place to dry my washing. It was raining here when I wanted to hang the last few things.  There are newspaper clippings from the Dutch newspapers about the time my daughter played in the Netherlands. She was quite the celebrity over there and over here at home, nobody knows her name unless they play water polo. LOL There is also some coloured images and an experiment with ribbon that might just make it onto a card before next year.
 
Thought I would show you the fruits of my holiday labours. I made a clock from a discarded piece of wood. Painted it white, stuck some vinyl on of the names of the whole family, painted over in Blue, peeled off the vinyl and it became this awesome clock that DH will (or will not ever) hang on the wall.

 Also made the quote hanging in my playroom. Followed the same process, just reversed the colours.
 Then, I thought I would show you the place that stole my heart. It is a small little village on the West Coast of South Africa, called Jacobsbaai. I would move there tomorrow. So peaceful, quiet and beautiful! Pity we have to actually work if we want to eat hey?
That's it from me folks, remember to visit our leader Julia and to join in our weekly hop from desk to desk accross the whole earth, It is so much fun, but be warned - it is highly addictive.
My wish for each and every one of you, is that you will have a healthy, happy and crafty New Year.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Tertia. I really love the clock you've made....how unique and special.
    Wishing you a very happy New year filled with many creatived times and lets hope it's a happy and healthy one for us all.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 22

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a wonderful 2015 and lots of creative projects and peeks of your desk.
    sandra de @31

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, love the clock! Hope 2015 is a happy and creative one. Helen #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wooden creations look fantastic! Sounds like a simple but very effective technique! Jacobsbaai is lovely - I can see why you would want to move there! May all your dreams come true in 2015! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #26

    ReplyDelete
  5. The clock is lovely! I would get someone to hang it right away! Thanks for explaining the process of reversing the paint...I will try it. Best wishes for 2015 :) Shel#39

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful clock! Thanks for a good yearful of snooping round your crafty activiities on your desk. All the best for 2015! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects. Happy New Year. Anne x #28

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some nice projects you created. Love the soft colours.
    I wish you and your family a very happy and successful New Year!
    Hugs
    Gabriele 25

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects. And that picture makes me want to go there. It is a pity we have to work if we want to eat. lol
    April #48 Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love your clock and sign, so vintage looking! What a clever idea :-)
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year....you never know, you might get to that beautiful place one day!
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely clock! (Could you do a tutorial?)
    Jacobsbaai looks very nice. I wouldn't mind a holiday there.
    Wishing you and yours a very happy and healthy 2015
    Lisca#45

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah great couple of projects Tertia. Love the punch board even if nit new, and the great clock :)
    Well that does look s beautiful plsce. Is it near your school or moving schools too?
    Every blessing for 2015, Shaz in Oz.x #15

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beings this late doesn't mean I don't sinceely wish you a happy and healthy new Year too. Your Christmas makes are fab, I love the clock, and the erm, suggestion about it waiting to go on the wall! I've seen your happy and busy wanderings onFB, what a fab hol you've had..talk about a change is as good as a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tertia I absolutely love your wooden clock, its so creative. It would look great on a patio too. Your crafty space looks so fun and of course the photo of Jacobsbaai is just paradise. From a fellow SA crafty blogger all the way from the wild west in Johannesburg.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete